Information covered by this statement
Robert Irving Burns Group Companies (RIB) are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We are dedicated in safe guarding and preserving your privacy when using our website or services.
On this site, all the UK companies in the RIB Group (included but not limited to Robert Irving Burns Limited, Castlebar Asset Management Limited, Wellbeck Asset Management Limited, Susskind Asset Management Limited and their respective subsidiaries) which will collect and use the information in the manner set out in this Privacy Notice, can be referred to as “our”, and “we” ( a ‘data controller’) for the purposes of your personal data. Any reference to “you”, or “your” refers to anyone who is a user of our site or our services (a ‘data subject’).
What information we collect directly from you?
- Information you give to us:
You may provide us with information when using our site by completing any enquiry forms, corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise. The information you provide may include your title, name, date of birth, address, email address, phone number, or other contact details. We may also collect other information from you such as the property you may be interested in, cost, location and other information in relation to the property. We collect this information that you provide to us, to deliver you with email updates and assist with your property enquires.
- Information we collect from you:
Information that we collect from you relates to the technical information that we collect. We may automatically collect information about your computer or mobile device, including your IP address, information about your visit, your browsing history, and how you use our website. In addition to this we may also collect information such as browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information we exchange with 3rd parties:
We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we have a service with. In these scenarios you will have already been informed that your data may be shared and combined with data collected from this website. We also work closely with this parties such as credit reference agencies, social media platforms, sub-contractors, and other relevant parties and may collect information about you from them.
How we use your personal data?
Information that we have collected is used in relation to your direct use of our site and services. We use your information to:
- To contact you
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer
- To provide customer service
- To verify your identity
- To gather information where we have entered into a contract with you
- To comply with any legal obligations
- To send you marketing information
- We use your personal information for the purposes of satisfying our responsibilities to you to let or sell your property or, if you are a buyer or tenant, for the purposes of arranging a contract for sale or a lease for you
- If you are purchasing a property we are acting as agents for the sale of or selling a property through us we will share your personal information with your appointed solicitors and the solicitors acting for the other side of the deal as is necessary to facilitate the sale or purchase
- If you are renting a property we are acting as letting agents of, we will share your personal data with third party referencing agencies for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime, fraud and/or money laundering and checking your suitability to rent that property
- Where we manage a property on your behalf, we may need to pass your personal information to third parties such as contractors to carry out maintenance on your property
Where we have portfolio management services we will share your personal information with third party lender
We also use your personal information for technical reasons, and for our own service improvements:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To identify patterns that we can use in our marketing strategy and to help us develop, administer, support and improve our services and features and adverts
- To ensure we our keeping our website safe and secure always
How long we keep your personal information?
The period which will we keep your information for is based on your individual circumstances and the type of service you have requested from us. The retention period may be longer than the period for which we are providing services to you where we have statutory or regulatory obligations to retain personal information for a longer period, or where we may need to retain the information in case of a legal claim.
We may transfer, store, or process your personal information in locations outside the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA). Where the countries to which your personal information is transferred do not offer an equivalent level of protection for personal information to the laws of the UK, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place.
RIB is committed to keeping personal information secure. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical procedures designed to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We limit access to personal information to those who have a business need. We keep personal information only for so long as deemed reasonably necessary.
You have several rights in relation to your personal details that we hold. You do hold the right to know what information we hold on you, how we have used your information, and the right to have your information corrected If you believe it to be inaccurate or incomplete. Further information on the Act and your rights available at http://ico.gov.uk/.